Who is JaliscoCondos.org?
JaliscoCondos.org is both a public and a subscription-based web site operated by JaliscoCondosOrg Publishing. Its goal is to give information to subscribers about how to administer and manage a condominium in the state of Jalisco, Mexico according to the Civil Code of the State of Jalisco, as well as general information on the Mexican legal system and real estate and property buying laws and procedures. For more information, please see our Disclaimer.
How do we maintain your privacy?
We do not collect personal information if it is not needed, or if you do not volunteer it. In some cases, such as membership subscriptions, certain personal information must be collected from you to process your payment and create a membership account. When we do this, we will try to take all reasonable and suitable steps to protect your information.
We use the highest level of encryption protocols available to us whenever we send personal financial information between you and our web site. Most modern web browsers support this level of security. However, if you are using an older browser, or one that is not standards-compliant, you should consider upgrading to a modern, standards-compliant browser.
When do we collect your personal information?
When you opt-in to one of our email notification lists, we ask you for personal information including, but not limited to, your name and email address. This information lets us keep you informed by email.
When you place an order for a product or service (including membership in our subscription-based web site), we ask you for personal information including, but not limited to, your name, credit card number, email address, billing address, and telephone number. This information lets us process your order, or log you in to our members-only area.
If this information is sent to a third party for payment processing or credit card approval, then the information is sent in an encrypted form using a secure protocol and security certificates.
What do we use your personal information for?
Personal information collected from site visitors or subscribers by JaliscoCondos.org is used to:
- add you to an opt-in email notification list;
- sign you up as a member of our subscription-based web site;
- let you take part in special promotions;
- let you order products and services;
- let us verify your credit card and payment information;
- help us improve our web site by observing the pages and products that are most popular; and
- let us personalize the delivery of information and recommend products and services to you.
Some general information could also be used to create statistics about visits to our web site that we use to measure our performance. These statistics do not contain any information that can identify you personally.
Who gets access to your personal information?
- Access to your personal information is limited to employees who need this information to serve you, or to analyse site performance to measure and improve our web site.
- JaliscoCondos.org uses reputable outside service providers to assist us with customer service, processing of orders, fraud prevention, and other important functions. We only share the information necessary for
these service providers to carry out their role in serving you and our web site.
- If you gain access to our web site through another web site, portal, or search engine any information that you shared with that web site or portal before you entered our web site is beyond our control.
- JaliscoCondos.org will track statistics about traffic directed to our web site by other web sites, portals, or search engines and might analyse and share this information with other web sites or portals. This information is not of a personally identifiable nature.
- JaliscoCondos.org might share statistics about the performance of our web site with other organizations. These include statistics such as the total number of web site visitors or subscribers. Your personal
information cannot be identified from these statistics.
Is your personal information secure?
JaliscoCondos.org believes that securing your personal information is an important part of our job. We will try to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to make sure that your email address, password, credit card information, and any other personal information are protected from unauthorised access or disclosure.
It is important that you also proactively protect your user name and password, including making sure that you log off whenever you are connected to our member-area from someone else's computer or a shared computer (such as in an internet café).
Does anyone else see your personal information?
Only if, by law, JaliscoCondos.org is forced to cooperate with government, law enforcement, or other authorities in an investigation requiring us to give them either personal or account information, including any information you give us online through our web site.
What other information do we collect?
Every computer connected to the Internet has been assigned a numeric address called an IP (Internet Protocol) address.
Normally when someone goes to a web page, the web server that hosts this web site automatically recognises that visitor's IP address. Our web servers are no different.
This reveals nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site. This IP address, however, can be used to identify the domain name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the country in which you are located. It might also be used to create an even more detailed geographic profile (such as your city).
For example, the IP address you are using right now is:
18.104.22.168 – and resolves to this domain: “ec2-3-236-209-138.compute-1.amazonaws.com”
Every web browser sends certain standard information to a web site's server including, but not limited to, the browser name and version number, your default language, and the web page that referred you to the web page you are now viewing.
For example, the information being sent by your browser right now is:
This information is readily available to every web site that you visit.
We use this information to examine our web traffic, to investigate misuse or abuse of our web site, or to cooperate with law enforcement.
Do we use “cookies”?
If directed to do so by a web site, your web browser puts “cookie files” on your computer's hard drive.
- Like most membership or subscriber web sites, we use a temporary cookie to let you stay logged in during an entire browser session – or else you would have to enter your user name and password each
time you accessed a new page in our member-area.
- For your convenience, and only if you choose this by clicking on a “remember me” link, we will store a cookie on your computer. This will automatically fill in our login form with your user name and password each time you return to our site.
What about third party web sites?
Some pages on the JaliscoCondos.org web site might include links to other third party web sites. These sites are regulated by their own Privacy Policies or Statements, and JaliscoCondos.org is not responsible for any aspect of their operations, including, but not limited to, their information, security, and privacy practices.
Visitors sending personal information to or through third party web sites should study the privacy policies of those sites before giving them any personal information.
Please remember that whenever you voluntarily send unencrypted personal information online (such as by an unsecured form, by email, or using discussion lists, forums or chat rooms), that information can potentially be collected and used by others.
By using our web sites, you are consenting to the collection and use of personal and account information by JaliscoCondos.org in compliance with this policy.
Any changes made to this policy will be posted immediately on this part of our web site to let visitors or subscribers know what information is collected, how it is used, and under what circumstances it might be shown or shared with others.
If at any time you would like to update or remove your name and email address from one of our opt-in notification lists, please use the “unsubscribe” link included in each notification email.
If at any time you would like to change or update your membership or subscription information, please use the link included in the member area of our web site.