This is an updated version of the first edition published in 2011. It has improved translations plus six new sections with 80+ more pages of even more laws relevant to the administration of a condo. It includes the new 2014 tax laws!
Since the first edition was published in June of 2011, legislation has been amended, and we’ve discovered more laws that are relevant to condo administration. We’ve also improved the translation and notes of the existing chapters based on experience, plus feedback and questions from users of the first edition.
Throughout the book, text and translations were edited for more clarity and additional detail; pronoun references were improved; inline notes in the translations were added or expanded to more fully explain concepts of legal terms and processes; and typefaces were changed to make the book easier to read.
Six new sections were added with new translations of relevant laws:
- Part 5 – Obligations of Neighbours: contains rules in the Jalisco Civil Code that neighbours living anywhere (inside or outside of a condo) must follow.
- Part 9 – Legal Signatures & Electronic Transmissions: contains the Jalisco Civil Code definitions of a legal signature, and articles that allow proxies to be emailed or faxed.
- Part 11 ‐ Limitations on Collecting Debts: contains the Jalisco Civil Code section that restricts collecting fees from delinquent owners to two years.
- Part 12 – Income Tax & IVA: contains the 2014 federal laws governing the income tax, bank account, and IVA (value added tax) obligations of a condo.
- Part 13 – Rules for Public Property Auctions: contains the state laws governing the public auction held when a condo has forced the sale of a property under Jalisco Civil Code Article 1032.
- Part 14 – Preventative Injunctions for Lawsuits: contains the state laws governing methods of protecting the condo’s interests when forcing the sale of a property by preventing title changes, liens, mortgages, or other encumbrances during the process.
Significant edits and improvements were also made to many other parts of the original text.
Special Upgrade Offer for purchasers of the First Edition
If you bought a copy of the First Edition of the “Jalisco Condo Law in English” in the last year, you might be entitled to either a free copy, or a significantly reduced price on the Second Edition.
For more info on buying this book, ordering it in Mexico, or upgrading from the First Edition, check out the “Our Books” section on our new updated website: jaliscocondos.org
This book is also available on Amazon by clicking here.
The “Jalisco Condo Manual in English – Second Edition” was rated a #1 Hot New Release on Amazon!
Coming Late This Year – we’re launching an exciting new development for condo owners and administrators – an online version of the “Jalisco Condo Law in English – Second Edition.”
Latest posts by Garry Musgrave (see all)
- Unconstitutionality of Article 1032 - 16th January 2016
- Status of the “Jalisco Condo Manual – Second Edition” - 7th January 2016
- “Jalisco Condo Law in English – Second Edition” Has Been Released! - 4th May 2015